ABOUT OPEN CALL - INTERNATIONAL STREET ART COMPETITION
This project focuses on Street Art, which is nowadays considered as an outdoor museum - an ideal window for knowing a certain city in terms of its culture, it's history and vibe. We hope that with our activities, our participants have the chance of seeing different aspects of Street Art and the colours and vitality that it brings to our city. We are looking forward to work of arts from our little artists, who try to describe some city and express his or her feeling towards that city, which could be his/her hometown or somewhere he/she traveled to.
This is an Exhibition and Competition that will give kids the opportunity to have their Street Art exhibited in three big cities in Europe: Paris, Berlin and Brussel!
The winner of the competition will have their work be printed into a collection book and have the opportunity to be invited together with popular Street Artist to co-produce and have their work hosted in an international Exhibition in China next year!
Paris Competition:01.-02. Feb, 2020
Berlin Competition: 08.-09. Feb, 2020
Brussels Competition: 15.-16. Feb, 2020
Kids (ages 5-12) can apply directly to the competition with 50 Euro participation fee and can enjoy all the Master classes at the exhibitions in all three cities (Berlin, Paris, Brussel).
Time of Registration and Submission: From now on until 7th February, 2020. Applications can be sent via post to our address: Thulestraße 44, 13189 Berlin, can be dropped off or you can apply directly below.
Styles & Materials
You can use: 3D, tag, bubble, block, sharp, brush, sticker, sprinkler, stencil, paper film, coloured drawing.
They can be: realistic, abstract, cartoon, landscape, figure etc.
The materials chosen for creation are not limited: painting, sculpture, photography, video, mixed-material.
About Our Judges
We've invited five expert judges in each city. First we start in a number of Chinese cities and then we make our way to Europe in Brussels then Paris and finally Berlin!
Our judges include professional street artist, researchers and professors who study street art or public art, experts from museums and galleries and more.
Each entry will be posted on the organisers official WeChat accounts. Voting will begin on day of posting.
The number of counts for each entry will be counted as part of the score and will be added to the total score.
During the exhibition, each visitor has one vote and can vote for his/her favourite entry.
The judges would look at all the entries and chose TOP 10 best works together, which are original, creative and match the theme.
Limitation of the dimensions, material and format:
- The art work can be a piece or a series.
- Each work should come with a picture of a corner of the city, where you want to present in. Show the reason and the connection of your works and the city.
- Format: the style and technique are not limited, can be 3D, TAG, Bubble, Block, Sharp, Brush, Sticker, Sprinkler, Stencil, Paper Film, Coloured drawing etc; Realistic, abstract, cartoon, landscape, figure etc.
- Material: the materials chosen for creation are not limited: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Video, Mixed-Material.
- Painting and photograph: maximum 210x290 mm,
- Sculpture: maximum 60x60x180mm, the weight should be under 1 kg,
- Mixed media: maximum 210x290 mm and 1 kg,
- Video: maximum 10 minutes.
Each Work should be with a copy / photos of digital version, please submit as a PDF file and the picture of the city (see the second point) in CDs or USB.
- Avoid any dangerous, flammable and explosive materials
- The front side of each entry could not be marked with any information, signatures or signs. Once the information of the participant is visible or the size of the entry is larger than the specified size (related details in the file for participants), the committee has the right to cancel the eligibility of the participant.